If you ask me, the elephant in the classroom, especially high school classrooms has always been the fact that teachers would rarely choose for themselves, the daily experience they inflict on their students.
- an hour of trigonometry;
- an hour of Macbeth;
- an hour of plate tectonics;
- an hour of tennis, followed by
- an hour of chemical reactions
- with no attempt to relate any of the learning.
- oh, and do you want to sit in the middle of 300 teenagers for an hour long assembly? [Image credit]
Nearly all teachers say NO! (I’ve asked many)
So, two questions for schools:
1. What excuses do we have for creating a learning experience we wouldn’t choose for ourselves?
2. Why are we surprised at an increasing dropout rate and general switching off from school in a connected…
Δείτε την αρχική δημοσίευση 436 επιπλέον λέξεις